March 28, 2024, 09:35:29 AM
collapse

Author Topic: Sikhism: discussion  (Read 20059 times)

IceColdRider

Sikhism: discussion
« on: January 03, 2012, 08:41:50 AM »
After a conversation started with Nek Singh which diverts from the Subject of the topic where we talking before, I thought it better to start a new topic to continue.
Lol, I didn't want to spoil the original topic back there.

So, according to your answers which were :

A1. All are same .. SIKH , KHALSA and Singh/ Kaur all are same ...

How are they same ?
A Sikh(a student or a disciple) who follows Sri Gur Granth Sahib Ji, who abides by the teachings of the holy book which has scriptures not only of our Gurus but also many other great personalities, saints and poets.

Being a Sikh means "Seekh" (learn).Be open to learn, don't be enclosed with false believes, be open minded towards enlightenment with true knowledge." Sikhan da mann neeva, matt uchi ", this quote from the Gurbani expalins as an example.
With this belief, the concept of Sikhism started.It wasn't declared by anyone, the people(our respected ancestors) associated themselves as Sikhs.Gur Nanak Dev Ji sab de saanjhe Guru si.

If this was the case, then why did Gur Gobind Singh Ji say " sab Sikhan ko hukkam hai Guru maneo Granth" ? Why didn't he say " sab Sighan ko hukkam hai " or " Sab Khalseya ko " ?

Khalsa meaning pure has to do with deep spirituality.Anyone who wishes to enjoy spiritual bliss can become a Khalsa, provided he or she abides by the rules of being a Khalsa.

According to your standards the Sahajdhari Sikhs(non baptized Sikhs) shouldn't attach the suffix ' Singh ' as their surnames.Should they or not ?

For being a Khalsa one has to be strong at heart for being able to abide by the rules of being a Khalsa.I've seen Amritdhari Sikhs taking alcohol and drugs like any other youth of Punjab.Do they stand as being pure Sikhs ? How can you call them a pure Sikh ?

Why has 'Amrit Vehla' been told by Gur Sahib to start with the Japji Sahib or say the best timing for Japji Sahib ? Is it because it is a time of purity at 5am ? If it is then how is 5am the purest time for doing Jaap, why not any other timing ? The day and night is just due to the rotation of the earth.How does the rotation of the earth has anything to do with a time of purity ?

It is because, if we sleep early and wake up fresh at 'Amrit Vehla' after completing our sleep we have our brain cells more energized and fresh, lesser thoughts are coming to our mind, we have a better concentration and understanding of things.During this time our brain is positively active and not much imaginative due the tensions of the day and this allows us to connect ourselves better with Japji Sahib.According to the different functioning levels of the barin at different timings of the day, there have been different paaths told to us for different timings, like Rehraas Sahib in the evening.

Try understanding the facts behind things that have been ordered to Sikhs by the Gurus, rather than blindly just running after, only then you can have true enlightenment.

A2. Nitnem is must for a sikh. However anybody can do it and follow the bani .. but for being a sikh you must do nitnem.

Following Gurbani and Nitnem brings you close to the almighty, as told by our Gurus.Once you're on this path then are you not a Sikh ? Following this path and not looking around anywhere else(although keeping respect for all faiths) and following a strict routine daily makes you what else ? Respecting all religions(also taught in the Granth Sahib) but keeping the faith only in the Guru Granth Sahib makes you what other ?
Co-relate this qoute with your A1 now.

A3 You are not a sikh .  as clear as that .  but who actually are you that you should sit and think.

I very well know who I am and so does my Guru, I need not any certifications from anyone.
I am a Sikh, but unfortunately not a Khalsa just like may other Sikhs.

A4 We are not allowed to question our guru for why ..
Guru da hukam hi ho gya fe koi why vegreh da question hi nhi reh gya ..

Not even once I questioned our Gur Sahib.I questioned only to you, to understand your version.
Understanding the reasoning and the psych behind the Gurus Hukkam is not wrong.It's like running in the dark and the results of such a mentality we've already seen that 'Sikhi' is vanishing from Punjab in great numbers.I see you running in the same darkness, without an understanding towards things.Think about it and then feel what it is to be like a ' Kesdhari ' Sikh than to be Sikh without Kes.If you can feel the difference spiritually then probably you're on the right path and if still not then it's your failure as a Sikh.

Even Jesus Christ had long hair, long enough to be a pure Sikh.Even Sant Ravidaas Ji.The list is long.But why ? That's the question.

I am very clear about these things 22 ji ..

You know as much as you don't.You think that you know, but that may not be the truth.
If you really knew about these things, then you would have not said that Sikh and a Khalsa are the same.

No they're not.

You're a Khalsa only after you are baptized to one, i.e, only after taking the Amrit with all the rituals.' Daat Khalse Di ' is given if you have uncut hair and beard.
So I'm a Sikh but not a Khalsa.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 12:53:31 PM by _noXiouS_ »

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 394
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Recent Posts

your MOOD now by EvIL_DhoCThoR
[March 26, 2024, 05:58:11 AM]

~~say 1 truth abt the person above ya~~ by Gujjar NO1
[March 21, 2024, 11:04:24 AM]

Hello Old Friends/Friendaynaz by Gujjar NO1
[March 14, 2024, 03:42:51 AM]