Hobbies Interests Lifestyle > Discussions

Valley Sikhs haunted by misunderstanding

<< < (2/2)

pReEt_lUv:
So preet you are saying that the shooters are high on drugs or are atleast under its effect from a prolonged time. And the government never wants to dig into these because it is gonna open so many other doors, unlock the whole corrupt system. I mean I am sure there is some sort of under the table deals that take place even here although in a very confidential and secure way. Sometimes, I don't even feel like blaming individuals for doing all this but blame the whole system.
 Or it can also be put forth in this way that and I think this is what you meant that our own brothers are dug deep into proliferation and smuggling of drugs and narcotics and one bad habit leads to another, and when incidents happen, one can't even decide whom to blame for or what to blame for. People keep their mouth shut unless they have been victims of it in the past which is not very often since there are over a million of us here.
But the basic problem remains the  same and probably can never  be solved, since in the end its hard to re unite the whole community on a single platform aiming for a common goal !!
Truly, no one can judge it. And people who do, do it for political benefits.

Ķιℓℓα Ķαuя:
no no, not the shooter, the person who got shot ...happened to be a Sikh but was involved in drug dealing ...reason being for his shooting something to do with the deal but it was put into same category as it was a hate crime...how is it a hate crime if some of our own people choose such paths which have nothing to do with being a sikh?

pReEt_lUv:
Aaahh ! Get it now. Well yeah j apaan aap hi Sikhi da bana nahi mandey fir doojeyaan te kyun unglaan chakiye ... pata ni preet ki banu .. main taa aap v sir muneyaa ... jidan menu akal auuu .. odin eh galaan da ehsaas v hoyuga ...

Ķιℓℓα Ķαuя:
im not saying anything about kinu ki karna chida te ki nai ...who am i to judge anyone...all i'm saying is that we are representing ourselves wrong...the problem is within us at first before we try to solve it for the bigger picture ...Drugs and other substances di ki place a in Sikhism i don't need to repeat that here and i'm sure no one wants to read it again anyhow...the thing is there are so many of our people that are involved in drug dealing here and when something like this happens and they are put into the same line as some innocent person getting shot just because he was wearing a turban is a disrespect.

pReEt_lUv:
Well said Preet. I don't know much on "hate crime", just read a little on it. But I will surely read about it more.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version