Hobbies Interests Lifestyle > Discussions

Hypothetical Question about a Sikh family adopting a non-Sikh child

(1/2) > >>

Flowergirl1980:
Hi Guys

The question I wanted to ask is if a Sikh Family adopted a non-Sikh child as their son, would they make that child a Sikh?

ਕਰਮਵੀਰ ਸਿੰਘ:
Obvious aa ohnu sikh bnaun bare hi sochya jayega but je parents open minded aa n  je bacha kafi ghat age da aa te je parents force na v karan oh appe hauli hauli follow karega ..... Agar zyada age aa fer ho sakda na kare

hecksheck:

--- Quote from: Flowergirl1980 on May 01, 2016, 11:07:28 PM ---Hi Guys

The question I wanted to ask is if a Sikh Family adopted a non-Sikh child as their son, would they make that child a Sikh?

--- End quote ---
It's you who gonna adopt??
Anyway, That would be totally Unethical. Even if it was a sikh child or your own. Let the child decide for himself. Knowing that there are many religions around the world and if not every but many of them have its own so-called "holy book". My point is, Since your religion is not only the one global religion, So it's advisable not to teach the child about your religion practices when his conscious mind isn't even fully developed. That means he is at the mercy of the more sentient beings around him that shape his perception who are nothing more than the beliefs shaped/taking form passed onto them by their parents against child free will.

Š¶Ã®Kž:
We are Sikh coz we are born in Sikh family..fer v at times Jadon Bacha grow up hojanda s/he might deviate to another religion, Hana..

Talkin abt adoption, I think pehlan religion is human, Bhanve wateva religion, haiga tan insaan aa..can u guarantee Kal nu tuhade bache wil stay as a true Sikh..? Fer adoption vaste eni hypocracy kyun....

When u adopt a pet, Tusi unhan di religion dekhke adopt karde..??? :)

Thanku for reading :D

αмαи g:
I'd also consider the age of the child.
Imagine they're quite into their faith already, if so I'd do my best to bring them up in that faith.
Otherwise I guess make them aware of what their biological parents were as well as showing them what you believe is the right path. They can make their choice when the time is right for them🙃

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version